Pathways Forward 2.0
The original Pathways Forward agreement increased the self-determination of Carrier Sekani First Nations over our lands, and secured 18% of forestry royalties (stumpage fees) for our nations.
Pathways Forward 2.0 benefits the CSFNs, by:
- Increasing economic opportunities.
- Addressing decision-making, management and revenue sharing of lands and resources in CSFNs’ territory.
- Beginning negotiations towards clearly defined and accommodation of Indigenous rights and title.
- Improving the relationship between the BC government and Carrier Sekani First Nations.
- Providing an alternate path that avoid the court system.
PFA 2.0 enables our nations to increase self-determination and financial security and do not force our nations to give up our rights or sovereignty.
Comprehensive Reconciliation Agreement
Carrier Sekani First Nations have begun negotiating a Comprehensive Reconciliation Agreement with the Government of Canada. These negotiations are in early stages. The end result will be a long term agreement setting terms on how our nations will share in the benefits of regional development such as forestry, mining, carbon, water, and energy. We will come to manage the environment, our lands, economic development, revenue from resources, develop new governance structures, and rejuvenate our cultures with education and language.