Carrier Sekani Tribal Council is hiring a Janitor responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and public areas. Posting closes December 31, 2021
The CSTC is a Non-Profit Organization located in Prince George BC on the traditional territory of Lheidi T’enneh, and is seeking to fill the role of:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Janitor is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and public areas. The duties are as follows:
- Janitorial including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, restrooms and kitchen cleaning, emptying garbage, and recycling bins, etc.
- Clean, polish office tables, chairs, desks and all other furniture used in the office or the entire building
- Dust mechanical devices like monitors, desktops, printers, and any other devices
- Clean dishes
- Sanitizing touch-points daily as per COVID Safety Plan
- Maintaining stock of bathroom supplies and cleaning supplies
- Maintain the supply and equipment needed for cleaning duties
- Additional janitorial duties as requested.
- High school diploma or GED, Janitorial/ professional cleaning experience (at least 1 year preferred) or equivalent education and experience.
- Prior experience working with cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices
- Training in the proper and safe use of cleaning materials is preferred.
- WHMIS Certification
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
- Ability to kneel, bend and climb stairs
- Ability to follow COVID19 Safety Plan cleaning requirements
Wage: $20.00 per hour
Hours of Work: 2 hours of work, Monday to Thursday after 5:00 pm and Fridays 4 hours after 5:00 pm.
Conditions of Employment
Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
Successful background check, including employment verification, reference checks, and criminal record check Please submit your covering letter and resume with three references to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: Lucy Martin, General Manager
Suite 200 1460 6th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3N2
Closing date for this position is December 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of Carrier Sekani are encouraged to apply.