Submit your application by Wednesday, April 21, 2021—Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Junior Communications Officer will be responsible for assisting the Communications department with social media management, writing press releases, assisting in the delivery of webinars and presentations, and graphic design and video production.
The CSTC is a Non-Profit Organization located in Prince George BC, and is seeking to fill the role of:
Junior Communications Officer (6 Month Term)
Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Junior Communications Officer will be responsible for assisting the Communications department with the following duties:
- Social Media Management
- Writing Press Releases
- Assisting in coordinating and delivering webinars
- Graphic design and Video Editing
- Development and distribution of communications products, as needed, ie. long term visual assets
- Additional duties, as requested.
- Completed or working toward a Diploma/ Degree, preferably in a related field
(e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- At least one year of related work experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of social media strategies and media relations.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Above average knowledge of various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Have experience using photo and video editing programs or software.
- Be able to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Wage: $20.00 per hour
Hours of Work: Non Payday week: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with an unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes and two paid breaks of 15 minutes each day. Monday to Thursday with the non-payday Friday off. Payday week: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with an unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes and two paid breaks of 15 minutes each day every payday and on Friday until 3:00 pm.
Conditions of Employment
Willingness and to work overtime, successful background check, including employment verification, and reference checks. Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: Audrey McKinnon, Communications Officer
Suite 200 1460 6th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3N2
Closing date for this 6 month term position is Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of Carrier Sekani are encouraged to apply.