Evacuation Order: NO Carrier Sekani reserve communities are directly affected at this time.
EVACUATION ORDER RESCINDED – Kluskoil Lake 1, Aug. 28. South of Chedakuz Forest Service Road (FSR), west to the boundary of Entiako Provincial Park, and south east to the border of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako Electoral Area ‘E’ (Francois/Ootsa Lake Rural) including the Ootsa Extension FSR. Due to Access Restrictions – August 11, 2017
To view the map go to this website: http://www.rdbn.bc.ca/protectiveservices/emergency-center/162-alerts/495-evacuation-order-issued-kluskoil-lake-1-due-to-access-restriction-august-11-2017-at-17-00-hrs
(Note: an “Evacuation Alert” is issued to advise of the potential evacuation of the area. All persons within this area will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, notice may be limited due to changing conditions.)
NO Carrier Sekani reserve communities in this area are directly affected at this time. However, see below for alerts in the region that may be near communities:
- As of noon on Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017, an Order of Restricted Access will be in effect for Crown land around the BIG BEND CREEK, TATELKUZ LAKE, LUCAS LAKE and CHEDAKUZ CREEK wildfires southwest of Vanderhoof.
- TATUK LAKE & FINGER LAKE. As of Friday July 21, 2017 at 11:30 hrs. the fire alert area remains UNCHANGED.
- For more information and to view the maps visit this site: http://www.rdbn.bc.ca/
- Public banned from backcountry in the Cariboo due to wildfire risk, August 11, 2017. The Cariboo fire zone is approximately 10.3 million hectares in the central interior, with the headquarters located in Williams Lake. It stretches from Clinton, north to the Cottonwood River, east to Wells Gray Provincial Park, and west to Tweedsmuir Provincial Park. Online map here: http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/832017~55746_17-BCCampfire-ORV-MAP-Prohibition-Info-20170804-1200.pdf
No closures at this time.
For updates and information: http://drivebc.ca/mobile/map/map.html?l=roadcond&l=incident&l=currentplanevent
Interior of BC: Cariboo, Chilcotin, Columbias, Kootenay, Boundary, Okanagan, Similkameen, Nicola, Thompson, 100 Mile, Fraser canyon, Shuswap, Prince George, Kinbasket, Yellowhead – SMOKY SKIES.
Current air data map: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/epd/bcairquality/readings/find-stations-map.html
Most up to date fire information:
- BC Wildfire: http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Fires.asp?Mode=normal&AllFires=0&FC=0
- BC Wildfire Map: http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/kml/wildfire/map.html
- Fires of note: http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/OneFire.asp
- Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako athttp://www.rdbn.bc.ca or call 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339
If you require further information please contact CSTC (250)562-6279.