Part-time to March 31, 2023
Community Futures of Fraser Fort George is currently seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to join their team as a LEAP Project Assistant. This role of the Projects Assistant is to act as assistant and social media co-ordinator for the LEAP project coordinator.
The Leadership & Entrepreneur Accelerator Program (LEAP) is designed to assist women to break down barriers that are holding them back from starting or expanding their business, taking their place as leaders, or moving into male dominated sectors.
Community Futures was established by the Federal Government in 1985 as a community-based economic renewal initiative. Our main objectives are to help rural Canadians start or expand a business and to help sustain and improve communities and their local economies. Locally, Community Futures Fraser Fort George serves the communities of Mackenzie, Prince George, McBride, Valemount and surrounding rural areas.
This position is required to work 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday; however, may require some flexibility in accommodating work outside of regular hours or on weekends.
The service area of this position includes all of the Fraser Fort George region, as such travel may berequired
The incumbent is expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the CFBC Core Values and QualityStandards
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant is responsible for assisting the LEAP Project Co-ordinator in planning, delivering and reporting on the LEAP Project or other new projects as they emerge. The core duties of the Project Assistant are, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and facilitation of workshops and community events;
- Graphic design, marketing and promotion of LEAP programs & events;
- Social media marketing on 3 different platforms;
- Purchase and development of social media advertising;
- Development and maintenance of social media advertising budget;
- Delivery of a social media analytics report;
- Preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders, including CFDC Board of Directors project funders, project partners, and community stakeholders;
- Delivery of internal Community Futures Fraser Fort George training workshops;
- Work with the other team members where and when required;
- Ensures that CF FFG is presented in a positive manner in all public relations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience as a social media marketer or similar role;
- Background in marketing, graphic design and social marketing will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated communication and workshop facilitation skills;
- Must be familiar with Microsoft programs, including Office 365, and online delivery platforms (such as Zoom);
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time management;
- Knowledge of event coordination, marketing, grant writing and reporting;
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license are required.
How to Apply:
Forward resume along with cover letter via email to: Susan Stearns, General Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 17, 2020 at 5:00pm