Submit your application by Monday, July 5, 2021
The CSTC is a Non-Profit Organization located in Prince George BC, and is seeking to fill the
RECEPTION /CLERICAL SUPPORT – CASUAL
VACATION COVERAGE & ON CALL
This position is responsible for the reception and clerical support services for the Administrative Department, for
vacation backfill and on-call coverage.
Preferred qualifications for the position include a post-secondary education and training in the business administration and office administration field. A minimum of Grade 12 and previous experience is required. Minute taking and business essential skills and interpersonal skills are also required. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in MS Word and Excel. A clear criminal record check is required for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be available from July 26-30, 2021 and August 3-5, 2021
- Must be available to be scheduled for full days to backfill for administrative staff and be available for on-call assignments, possibly on short notice when required.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license.
Purpose of the Job
Specific duties are as follows:
Reception / Clerical Duties:
- Typing and word processing.
- Operation of CSTC office equipment.
- Provide telephone services, including maintenance of appointment schedules.
- Record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Maintain all filing systems.
- Maintain library of technical reports.
- Assist the organization and scheduling of travel and accommodations.
- Respond to inquires and make referrals to appropriate staff and in the absence of appropriate staff provide response if able.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Prepare travel claims for all staff, as required.
- Create form documents for data, mail merge applications and distribution lists.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and other documents.
- Daily matching and reconciliation of purchase orders with incoming invoices to be forwarded to the Finance Department.
- Document and receipts of all incoming cheques and cash.
- Other administrative and clerical duties as required.
- Frequent time pressures and changing priorities.
- Frequent interruptions to respond to requests for information.
- Open office concept with distractions from foot traffic and telephone calls.
- Processing large columns of data with firm deadlines.
- Requires long hours of sitting at computer and reception.
Detailed description of duties:
- Prepares supply list as requested from staff for approval by the respected portfolio managers by:
- Preparing supply lists for staff when required.
- Receiving delivery and verify purchase orders and invoices of all CSTC office supplies.
- Maintaining office supply files.
- Maintaining a record of all stationary supplies and initiating supply orders as required.
- Conducting follow-up as required.
- Maintain office inventory and equipment by:
- Contacting appropriate service offices for maintenance repair of office equipment and furniture.
- Makes office arrangements for staff by:
- Obtaining itineraries of approved travel.
- Initiating vehicle rental or aircraft charters and hotel reservations as required.
- Provides clerical duties by:
- Providing photocopy services to the staff as required.
- Providing word processing services and other clerical services.
- Maintaining updated files.
- Providing receptionist services to the general public.
- Field inquiries and make referrals to appropriate staff.
- Ensuring public inquiries are answered in an efficient and pleasant manner.
- Ensuring incoming mail is routed to appropriate staff and filed accurately.
- Setting up a log for outgoing files to ensure files are returned.
- Ensuring mail goes out on a daily basis.
- Ensuring receipt of itineraries from staff on a weekly basis.
- Ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the
incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or skills
required of the incumbent.
If you are interested in this position, submit a cover letter, resume by July 5, 2021, to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: General Manager
Suite 200 1460 6th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3N2
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of
Carrier Sekani are encouraged to apply.