The CSTC is a Non-Profit Organization located in Prince George BC, and is seeking to fill the role of:
The primary purpose of the Executive Assistant position is to provide administrative support to the Tribal Chief, Board of Directors, and the General Manager. The Executive Assistant role requires excellent administrative skills and the ability to function efficiently as a support person to the political and administrative personnel of the Tribal Council. The position requires an ability to work with minimum supervision and in an orderly and efficient manner. The incumbent must be proficient in knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, minute taking, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Report writing and business English skills are required, along with excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
• Coordinates schedule of appointments for the Tribal Chief;
• Prepares all levels of briefing notes for the Tribal Chief;
• Exercises due diligence for walk-in clientele, and phone calls;
• Correspondence and material presentation;
• Responsible for ensuring that CSTC and Special Meeting Minutes, Motions, and related documentation are produced and distributed in an orderly, accurate, and timely fashion;
• Ensures that meeting packages are completed in a timely fashion for advanced distribution to the Board of Directors (Chiefs);
• Maintain confidentiality of information and files;
• Filing and administrative records management;
• Attends public forums, meetings, etc., as directed;
• Assists in the coordination of Tribal Council special events (AGA, Special Assembly, etc.);
• Coordinates travel advances and reconciles expenditures in accordance with the financial regulations of the Carrier Sekani Tribal Council;
• Provides support/vacation coverage to other Administration staff as required
• Other related duties, as requested by General Manager.
Hours of work are to be from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Minimum weekend and evening work, but will be given sufficient notice if required. Some travel will be required.
The Executive Assistant position requires post-secondary education in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, knowledge of traditions, values, and language of the Carrier Sekani people is required, along with an understanding and appreciation of relevant local, provincial, and national issues and concerns, as they relate to Aboriginal people.
Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position submit a cover letter and resume by January 2, 2022, to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: General Manager
Suite 200 1460 6th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3N2
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of Carrier Sekani are encouraged to apply.