Application Deadline: November 12, 2023
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council (CSTC) provides political and technical support to six First Nations who belong to the CSTC Society. The Tribal Council is an advocate on behalf of its member nations for their interests. The Council also provides technical and professional services to its member nations in the areas of fisheries, education, economic development, community and infrastructure planning, forestry, financial management, and negotiations.
The CSTC is a Non-Profit Organization located in Prince George BC, on the traditional unceded lands of the Lheidli T’enneh, and is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of;
The primary purpose of the Executive Assistant position is to provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and the General Manager. The role requires excellent administrative skills and the ability to function efficiently as a support person to the political and administrative personnel of the Tribal Council. The position requires an ability to work with minimum supervision and in an orderly and efficient manner. The incumbent must be proficient in knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, minute taking, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Report writing and business English skills are required, along with excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
Job Responsibilities/ Duties:
• Coordinates schedule of appointments for General Manager;
• Provides reception duties and exercises due diligence for walk-in clientele, and phone calls;
• Maintains social media accounts and website updates for AGA, job postings and any necessary amendments;
• Ensure building security and janitorial are maintained.
• Prepares correspondence, reports and material presentations;
• Responsible for ensuring that CSTC and Special Meeting Minutes, Motions, and related documentation are produced and distributed in an orderly, accurate, and timely fashion;
• Prepares all levels of briefing notes;
• Ensures that meeting packages are completed in a timely fashion for advanced distribution to the Board of Directors (Chiefs);
• Maintain confidentiality of information and files;
• Filing and administrative records management;
• Attends public forums, meetings, etc., as directed;
• Assists in the coordination of Tribal Council special events (AGA, Special Assembly, etc.);
• Coordinates travel advances and reconciles expenditures in accordance with the financial regulations of the Carrier Sekani Tribal Council;
• Arranges for cheques to be signed and distributes;
• Provides support/vacation coverage to other Administration staff as required;
• Other related duties, as requested by the General Manager.
Hours of work are to be from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Minimal weekend and evening work, but will be given sufficient notice if required. Some travel will be required.
The Executive Administrator position requires post-secondary education in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, knowledge of traditions, values, and language of the Carrier Sekani people is required, along with an understanding and appreciation of relevant local, provincial, and national issues and concerns, as they relate to Aboriginal people.
Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Wage: $23-$25/hr based on education and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or skills required of the incumbent.
If you are interested in this position submit a cover letter and resume by 4:30 pm November 12, 2023, to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: Beverly Best, General Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of Carrier Sekani are encouraged to apply.