Apply by: 4:00 pm on August 19, 2022
Reporting to the General Manager and supporting the Carrier Sekani Tribal Council (CSTC) Board of Directors, the Financial Coordinator will be responsible for providing day-to-day financial administration in Payroll, AR and AP. This role will complete account reconciliations and financial reporting per legislation, policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles.
The Financial Coordinator analyzes department budgets, ensures actions are in line with legal requirements, monitors cash flow, and reports the appropriate financial matters to the General Manager and/or the applicable areas of the CSTC, including CSTC Membership.
This role represents the CSTC on various financial matters internally and externally, provides financial reports in written and oral form to the CSTC Board of Directors and General Manager, and helps lead the financial strategy for the CSTC.
Job and Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Accounting and Payroll. Process payroll in Criterion. Completes reconciliations and processes all A/R and A/P transactions using Sage Intacct.
- Financial Administration and Reporting. Prepares and monitors budgets. Administers and monitors CSTC’s financial system and maintains it in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with established accounting practice and CSTC’s policies and procedures. Coordinates and assists outside agencies with auditing, certification, and fund compliance reporting.
- Audit. Coordinates the preparation for the year-end audit(s) and supports external auditor(s) in the collection and compilation of information required for the preparation of annual financial statements and reports.
- Other duties as related.
For consideration of your application, you must demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Completion of Grade 12, a Diploma in Business Administration, or a Degree in Commerce/Finance from a recognized College/University. Preference may be given to applicants working towards their professional accounting designation (CPA) or Certified Aboriginal Finance Manager (CAFM).
- Experience working with First Nations, Government and Public sector (GPS) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience managing all aspects of Payroll, AR, AP and GL reconciliation.
- Advanced computer skills are required.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS).
- Ability to promote a performance-focused environment aligned with CSTC values, culture and strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinker with strong organizational, financial, and analytical skills.
- A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which enable you to build positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organized and task and detail-oriented, with a high level of sensitivity and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality with all records, materials and communications.
- Proactive and adept at problem-solving.
- You will be ideally suited for this role if you are self-motivated, highly organized, detail and task-oriented and capable of working independently and as part of a team.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Some travel, including overnight and or weekends.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends.
- Successful background checks, including employment verification, reference checks, credit inquiries and education/credential verification.
Please submit your covering letter and resume with three (3) references by 4:00 pm on August 19 to:
Carrier Sekani Tribal Council
Attention: Lucy Martin, General Manager
Suite 200 1460 6th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3N2
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry per Section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. People of Carrier Sekani ancestry are encouraged to apply.